Vienna’s Most Notable Attractions
The conference location is in walking distance to various hotels as well as to many cultural attractions, e.g., the imperial palace Hofburg, the Vienna State Opera, St. Stephan’s Cathedral, to mention a few of Vienna’s attractions. Further, shopping streets and pedestrian zones, offering a variety of shops and restaurants, are nearby the conference location.
- SchÃ¶nbrunn Palace, one of Europeâ€™s most impressive Baroque palace complexes, is surrounded by an enchanting park, the Palm House, the Gloriette and a zoo. SchÃ¶nbrunn Palace is shown in the banner of this homepage.
- Belvedere Palace, the summer residence of Prince Eugene of Savoy, is home to the worldâ€™s largest collection of Klimt oil paintings including his most famous work, The Kiss.
- Hofburg, for more than 600 years the official residence of the Habsburg emperors, contains today important museums and important state rooms.
- St. Stephan’s Cathedral, Austriaâ€™s most eminent Gothic edifice, houses a wealth of art treasures.
- Spanish Riding School is home to the famous Lipizzan ballet showing riding skills of the highest order â€“ from pirouettes to caprioles.
- Vienna State Opera is considered to be one of the most important opera houses in the world that offers the largest repertoire, ranging from Baroque to the 20th century.
More information on sightseeing in Vienna is offered under following link